Tuesday 15 May 2012

35 things to do at 35


I turned 35 on Sunday.  I have been experiencing, for the last year or so, what some may call a mid-life crisis.  I have left my old job and started a new career, rekindled my passion for healthy living and fitness (minus the odd beer binge) and have taken a keen interest in the phenomenon of lifestyle design.  I want to change my life... for the better.  This is a mid-life crisis to some.
I Call It... My Mid-Life Renaissance

So I am about to make a few changes in my life to make me a better person.  I have thus compiled a list of 35 things that I intend to do during my 35th year on this earth.  Some are banal.  Some are bold (I would be bolder but needing to provide for my wife and two children has kept these on the safe side).  Some seem next to impossible.  But here goes

1. Read a new book every two weeks.

2. Volunteer @ a charity.

3. Take my son camping in the woods(not at a campsite, IN THE WOODS).
4. Minimalise my wardrobe.

5. Build a tree house with the kids in our backyard.

6. Chisel my abs into a Six Pack (I will admit this is purely a vane pursuit).



7. Cycle from Oxfordshire to London.

8.Do a Triathlon.


9. Write a blog - I am off to a flying start.

10. BE NICER TO EVERYONE AROUND ME!
11. Build a raft with my children and float it down a river.



12. Climb Snowdonia with my wife.
13. Write a book.
14. Speak in public (to a minimum of 30 people).


15. Write at least one hand written letter per month to family or a friend.
16. Make a short movie with my children
.

17. Call my life-long friends more often.
18. Learn to roll a kayak.

19. Take my children camping and build fires, catch bugs, whittle sticks and get absolutely filthy-showers only allowed on the last day before returning to civilisation.
20. Restore old furniture.

21. Complete a multi-disciplined adventure race.
22. Coach a team-sons, daughters.
23. Grow food in my garden.
24. Spend less time on Facebook.

25. Learn a new language.                                             26. Practise my French.
27. Introduce fasting in to my diet.
28. Trace my family in Scotland.
29. Practise a martial art (Jiu-Jitsu or Judo).
30. Laugh with my children daily.
31. Take my wife out on more dates.

32. Write an article for a newspaper.
33. Make healthy, homemade food with my family.
34. Take my children ice skating.
35. Plan an around the world trip for the family                
(At least begin the plan and hope to execute before I turn 40).


I have 363 days to complete these tasks.  I best get started.

P.S.  If anyone out there wants to help me achieve this, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment